Technology

Meghan Markle’s multi-million dollar Instagram post “Payday” could be coming soon

Welcome to this week’s edition of royalist, The Daily Beast’s newsletter for all things royal and royal family. Subscribe to Here to get it in your inbox every Sunday.

Has Meghan returned to Instagram?

The Instagram page is simply called “Meghan” and features a picture of pink peonies, reportedly Meghan Markle’s favorite flowers. And if so post on SundayThe reporting is correct, the stage is set: Meghan’s return to Instagram is imminent. A source close to her team told the newspaper: “Yes, she is. Expect an announcement very soon. She’s coming back.”

The mysterious currently post-free account already has 86,000 followers. A source told that post: “Everyone in Hollywood is talking about the relaunch being imminent. Meghan has never made a secret of wanting to return to Instagram.”

Meghan and Prince Harry dissolved their SussexRoyal Instagram account in 2020 after stepping down from their roles as senior royals. Meghan told the Cut last year: “Do you want to know a secret? I’ll be in touch… on Instagram.” Meghan also ran the lifestyle blog until her royal wedding the tig. While Meghan enjoyed sharing her life with people, she loved Harry more, she told the magazine. “It was a big shift — a huge shift to go from that kind of autonomy to a different life,” she said.

If true, Meghan’s return to Instagram would be another sign of her determination to step back into the public eye and forge a professional identity separate from Harry – as he reportedly prepares for his return to London. without Meghan to give a charity speech on the day before Queen Elizabeth’s death anniversary.

Eric Schiffer, a social media expert, said so post: “I don’t think Meghan’s return to Instagram will surprise anyone. She has a new talent manager and that’s the next logical step. I would expect her to quickly become one of the most followed accounts on Instagram. There are celebrities like the Kardashians who can charge a million dollars or more for a single post promoting a product. There’s no reason why Meghan couldn’t earn such honoraria. As a duchess, she has to be careful not to appear to be selling every product under the sun. It will associate with quality brands and companies that match its political and social beliefs.”

Meghan Markle attends Global Citizen Live Concert 2021 at Central Park on September 25, 2021 in New York, USA.

REUTERS/Caitlin Ox

The post reported last month that Meghan’s signing with Ari Emanuel at WME made it clear she was “still exploring creative and commercial opportunities,” while Harry is “turning back to charity and campaigning and plans to return to Africa to follow up with a making a documentary.” in his mother’s footsteps.”

According to the newspaper, Meghan has “a series of commercial recommendations in mind in areas that are important to her, such as food, wellness, fashion and therapy” and “a book, most likely with a feminist angle”.

Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images for This Is About Humanity.

From one super mom to the next

Meghan Markle’s mother, Doria Ragland, has largely stayed out of the limelight since her daughter became arguably the most famous woman in the world. However, the post She reportedly appeared at a high-profile charity event in Los Angeles last night – and looked freaking gorgeous in yellow and pink – and was photographed with legendary Kardashian “mom” Kris Jenner and their daughter Kim.

Jeff Bezos also attended the fundraiser for This Is About Humanity. The charity is dedicated to raising awareness of separated and reunited families and children on the US-Mexico border.

William and Kate were urged to reconsider “12 or 13 weeks vacation.”

We know Europeans love their vacations, but is this getting a bit ridiculous? The Daily expressRoyal correspondent Richard Palmer has pointed out that William and Kate took “12 or 13 weeks” off this summer. Speak on the podcast Royal summaryPalmer said while he had no doubt they worked “behind the scenes,” the couple have been on a “long, long sabbatical” with their three children.

He said: “They are very popular, they are a great asset to the UK, but there has been a frown in other parts of the royal household at how long they have been absent from official engagements.”

“There may well be a little pressure on them to make more dates … There aren’t many families where both the father and mother can spend 12 or 13 weeks with their children in the entire school holiday. I think there is a lot of goodwill towards them, but they have to keep that in mind.”

Britain’s Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrive at the world premiere of the new James Bond film No time to die at the Royal Albert Hall in London, United Kingdom, September 28, 2021.

REUTERS/Henry Nicholls

The royalist’s prediction: Kate and William will continue to take longer summer breaks from official duties until their children are of age. As of this writing, they don’t care what their critics say — and they believe their top priority is raising the next generation of royals to be the most balanced individuals possible. Also, the precedent is on their side; The late Queen Elizabeth also took several months off in the summer.

There is nothing to see here

Norman Baker, the former British government minister who has long advocated greater transparency in royal finances, was slammed at the door this week when Britain’s Metropolitan Police announced they would not be pursuing corruption probes sparked by the publication of a letter from Michael Fawcett, Prince Charles’ former right-hand man, to a Saudi billionaire, in which he combined honors and other support with hard cash.

Baker has an appalling article in London Sunday Times Today he lays out the disgraceful manner in which the police have refused to investigate the case despite evidence that such an investigation should take place.

Of course, anyone who’s watched the royals’ interactions with the police over the years knew that the prospect of the police launching a serious investigation into the king was infinitesimally unlikely, but Michael Fawcett certainly dodged a bullet.

King Charles III meets the crowd on Union Street during a visit to Aberdeen Town House to meet families who have settled in Aberdeen from Afghanistan, Syria and Ukraine, in Aberdeen, Scotland, Britain, October 17, 2022.

Jane Barlow/Pool via REUTERS

One got the impression he’d been thrown under the bus by the royals when he resigned from his job as head of the Prince’s Foundation after the letter was published, but perhaps he knew from the start that the actual wheels of the bus were with him This was conveniently limited by the fact that police had refrained from announcing they would close their investigation on Monday, as the media focused on the sentencing of serial killer nurse Lucy Letby. A good day to cover up bad news.

Now it remains to be seen whether Fawcett will return to royal service, a topic explored by The Daily Beast this week. Despite conflicting reports, some insiders clearly believe it’s a real possibility.

Subscribe to Here to get the latest royal news and gossip with Tom Sykes and Tim Teeman.

Sting of the wasp

Prince Harry in his memoirs described King Charles’ private secretary, Sir Clive Alderton, as “The Wasp” and said that if you annoyed him you would be “put on his list”. Harry said, “A short while later, without warning, he stabbed you with his oversized stinger so much that you cried out in pain and confusion, ‘Where the hell did that come from?'”

Alderton – whose name was not given by Harry but was identified by him Just’ Royal correspondent Valentine Low as “The Wasp” is said to have been not entirely unhappy with the characterization.

Whether The Wasp was behind an attack on former government secretary – Home Secretary and Home Secretary – Priti Patel this week is unconfirmed, but Patel was certainly hit after an unwise interaction with Alderon.

She was forced this week to humbly apologize to Charles for causing “embarrassment and trouble” after she wrote a letter to Ravec – the body whose job it is to decide which people have what level of royal protection should receive – and urged him to review Prince Andrew’s protection. No longer receiving taxpayer-funded protection, Andrew is campaigning to get it back and appears to have won Patel over to his cause.

Britain’s Prince Andrew, Duke of York attends the royal family’s Christmas service at the Church of St Mary Magdalene while the royals reside at the Sandringham estate in east England, Britain on December 25, 2022.

REUTERS/Toby Melville

Patel wrote to Alderton suggesting that Andrew’s case be reviewed, an email that was promptly leaked to the New York Times Sun.

After Patel’s email was leaked to Alderton, she shared with him Sun: “It is disappointing that this correspondence has reached the public and I apologize to His Majesty for the embarrassment and difficulty the publication of this correspondence has caused.”

According to the telegraphA source described as “familiar with the situation” said: “It is outrageous that an email sent confidentially about sensitive security matters was leaked less than a week after it was written.” merely suggested that Ravec’s decisions on security arrangements for high-ranking individuals should be subject to proper political accountability and scrutiny.

“Dame Priti was taken to court for merely raising a procedural issue. Isn’t she entitled to express her opinion? … This leak could only have come from an official in the palace, the interior ministry or Ravec to discourage anyone – including the former interior minister – from raising serious questions about security policy. And from the people who make sure we and the royal family are protected? You should be ashamed.”

Alderton, the telegraph has previously claimed is a member of the secret Ravec committee.

Princess Diana and Prince Charles look in different directions November 3 during a service commemorating the 59 British soldiers who died in action during the Korean War on November 3, 1992.

REUTERS//File Photo

This week in royal history

On August 28, 1996, Prince Charles and Princess Diana were officially divorced; while Princess Anne officially separated from her first husband, Captain Mark Phililps, on 31 August 1989.

Unanswered questions

Is “Meghan” Back On Instagram And If So Will It Become A Moneymaker For Her? Will Michael Fawcett ever return to royal service?

Love The Daily Beast’s royal coverage? Log in Here to send Royalist newsletters straight to your inbox.

Source: www.thedailybeast.com

Show More

Christopher Hill

Providing balanced news amidst polarization. Dedicated to sharing well-rounded perspectives.

Read Next

Back to top button