See Sling TV
Watch the Premier League on USA Network from $40 a month
Watch the Premier League from £12
Two sides who have had different starts to the 2023/24 Premier League season clash on Sunday as holders Manchester City take on newly promoted Sheffield United.
City will be looking to take nine points from nine after beating Newcastle 1-0 last weekend, followed by a convincing 3-0 win over Burnley in Matchweek 1.
Widely regarded as one of the bottom performers this season, Sheffield United have so far lived up to their status as relegation contenders, losing 1-0 at home to Crystal Palace, followed by a 2-1 away defeat at Nottingham Forest in their last game.
Below we present the best live TV streaming services that will allow you to watch all the action live, no matter where you are in the world.
Striker Erling Haaland is looking to add to his tally on Sunday after netting a brace against Burnley in Matchweek 1.
Sheffield United vs Man City: when and where?
Sheffield United host Man City at Bramall Lane on Sunday 27 August. Kick-off is scheduled for 2pm BST (9am ET, 6pm PT, 11pm AEST).
Here’s how to watch Sheffield United vs Man City game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you can’t watch the game locally, you may need another way to watch the game – this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your speed on game day by encrypting your traffic. It’s also a good idea if you’re traveling and connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add an extra layer of privacy to your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to gain access to the game. So if your ISP or cell phone provider assigned you an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a restricted zone, a VPN can fix this problem by assigning you an IP address in your correct, non-restricted area. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice ExpressVPN, make this really easy.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK, and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you are streaming. You should make sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: even if VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it believes is bypassing properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Also check out some of the other great VPN deals currently available.
Live stream of Sheffield United vs Man City game in USA
Sunday’s Sheffield United-Man City game is broadcast on USA Network, which can be accessed as part of your cable package or on the NBC Sports site with a valid login, and is available to stream via Sling TV and other more expensive streaming TV services become.
Sling TV’s Blue plan includes USA Network, making it a great option for those wanting to watch Premier League action. It costs $40 per month and comes with over 40 channels, including other sports channels like ESPN and FS1.
Live stream of Sheffield United vs Man City game in UK
Premier League rights in the UK are split between Sky Sports, Amazon Prime Video and TNT Sports (formerly known as BT Sport). The Sheffield United-Man City match is available exclusively on Sky Sports and will be shown on Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League and Ultra channels. If you already have Sky Sports as part of your TV package you can stream the game via the Sky Go app, but cable cutters should sign up for a Now account and Now Sports membership to stream the game.
Sky subsidiary Now (formerly Now TV) offers streaming access to Sky Sports channels with a Now Sports membership. You can get access for a day for £12 or sign up now for a monthly plan from £25 a month.
Live stream of Sheffield United vs Man City match in Canada
If you want to stream Sheffield United vs Man City live in Canada, you need to subscribe to FuboTV Canada. The service has exclusive rights for this Premier League season.
FuboTV is the go-to place for Canadians wanting to watch the Premier League this season with exclusive streaming rights to every game. It costs CAD$25 per month, but you can save some money by paying quarterly or annually.
Live stream of Sheffield United vs Man City game in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this EPL game on the streaming service Optus Sport, which is streaming every single Premier League match in Australia this season live.
With exclusive rights to stream every EPL match this season, as well as matches from the German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga, streaming service Optus Sport is a particular draw for Australian football fans.
If you’re an existing Optus Network customer, you can get Optus Sport at a reduced price, with rebates bringing the price down to just AU$7 per month. If not, a standalone monthly subscription to the service starts at AU$25.
Quick tips for streaming the Premier League over a VPN
- With four variables at play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN – your experience and success streaming EPL games may vary.
- If your desired location doesn’t appear as the default option for ExpressVPN, try the “Browse by city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble receiving the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try as a quick fix. First, sign in to your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered to the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file in your account. Second, some smart TVs – like Roku – don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or whatever mobile hotspot you’re using (e.g. your phone) so that every device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful guides on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases, after installing a cable network sports app, Smart TV services may ask you to confirm a numeric code or click a link that will be sent to the email address on file for your Smart TV. A VPN on your router also helps here, since both devices then appear to be in the right location.
- And remember that despite using a VPN, browsers can often reveal a location. So make sure you use a privacy-focused browser to log into your services. We usually recommend Brave.